Couponing has quickly risen in popularity and there is no doubt as to why. Despite requiring between one and three hours a week, using coupons offers families the potential to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars over the course of a year.
When that stockpile grows to outrageous proportions, however, couponing experts often look for somewhere to donate all those items. One great idea is to donate them to foster children in need! There are plenty of products you’ve been scoring consistent deals on that these children – and those who care for them – would be thrilled to have. Below are just a few great ideas.
Personal Care Items
Personal care items are those things which most of us take for granted. They include anything pertaining to the care of ourselves. The following are just a few ideas of what children in foster care may have need of.
- Shampoo or conditioner
- Hairspray, mousse, gel, and other hair styling products
- Tampons, pads, and panty liners
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Hair brushes, combs, tweezers, nail clippers, or pocket mirrors
- Clothing items (all sizes)
- Brand new undergarments (underwear, bras, socks, undershirts)
- Razors, shaving cream
- Gift cards to large consumer stores
Food is a necessity, and those who take care of foster children are always in need of it. You’ll want to donate items which will not quickly spoil, such as boxed or canned food items. Below are just a few examples.
- Canned food items
- Boxed potatoes, rice, or pasta
- Jarred sauces
- Toddler and Baby Snacks
- Baby Food
- Bottled Water or juice
- Powdered or canned milk
- Gift cards for grocery store chains
Back To School/Art Supplies
School and art supplies are something very under-donated. Unfortunately, many of the children who enter foster care do so with nothing to their name. These supplies can quickly add up for non-profit organizations and individual families.
- Book Bags
- Packs of lined paper, notebooks
- Pencils, Pens, Highlighters
- Crayons, Colored Pencils, Markers
- Coloring books or unlined paper
- Rulers, Calculators
Learn More About Using Coupons to Donate to Foster Care
For more information on how you can help foster children in need contact us today.