Many people would love to make a difference in this world, however small. They consider donating food to local drives, or toys at Christmas time. But what about volunteering a little bit of your time towards being a mentor to a foster child in need?
You may ask yourself what you could possibly offer a foster child, or think you just aren’t successful enough to be of any use. But great mentors don’t need to be successful or rich or have a vast abundance of free time. All you need is a little free time and a lot of compassion.
Mentoring a Foster Child
When considering whether you might be the next great mentor to a foster child in need, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to make a difference in the world?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Would you like to impart your life wisdom on someone who will truly take it to heart?
- Could you use the joy of a valuable pursuit in your life?
- Would you like to occupy your free time with something other than sitting around your home?
- Do you want an excuse to get out of bed on your days off, so that those days aren’t wasted?
- Do you love the idea of guiding the younger generation, but maybe aren’t ready to have children of your own?
Never Enough Mentors
If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, you are exactly the person a foster child is waiting for. There are never enough mentors for the thousands of children in foster care, and they need your help now – not later. Consider making today the day you take action and make that small yet worthy difference in the world.
Learn More About Being a Great Mentor to a Foster Child
For more information on how you can help foster children in need, or to learn more about our mentor programs, contact us today.