The teenage girls living in foster care are in desperate need of a great number of items. When people donate to their local foster children, they often think primarily about the youngest among them. Yet the teen years are already difficult, and having to do without (or with limited) basic necessities the rest of us take for granted can make this period in life even more so. Next time you’d like to make a difference, consider donating some of the following items to the teenage girls living in foster care.
- Feminine Hygiene Products (tampons, pads, and liners in a variety of different absorbency ratings)
- Age-appropriate clothing that is not stained or torn (gently used or second hand is perfect, as long as the clothing items are in good condition)
- Brand new, never used panties and bras in a range of different sizes
- Shampoos, conditioners, body washes, and soaps (preferably those without common allergens, like tree nuts or milk)
- Acne washes that are gentle and meant specifically for teenagers
- Razors and shaving cream
- Deodorant and body sprays
- Age-appropriate makeup (neutral tones, clear lip glosses, etc.)
- Nail polish in a variety of colors (unopened)
- School supplies (backpacks, paper, pens, pencils, binders, folders, notebooks, calculators, rulers, etc.)
- Strong female mentors who can create a healthy relationship with teenage girls, and teach the importance of things like self-love, determination, and body acceptance, among other things
- Art supplies, which can aid in self-expression (such as items needed for painting, sketching, adult coloring books, etc.)
- Music supplies (musical instruments, instruction booklets, music books)
- Journals and pens or pencils to go with them
Teenage girls living in foster care are in desperate need of the items listed above. Donating these items can help make an already difficult part of adolescence that make easier. For more information on how you can help the children living in foster care, contact us today.